Allergen Awareness Learning Outcomes
TAP Series' Allergen Awareness Training course and examination provides basic introductory instruction in the following required elements:
- Identify the symptoms of an allergic reaction and major food allergens.
- Understand the dangers of allergens, how to prevent cross-contact, and identify the proper cleaning method to prevent allergen contamination.
- Determine how and when to communicate to guests and staff regarding potential food allergens.
- Identify the special considerations relating to allergens from workstations and self-serve areas and understand how to handle food deliveries in relation to allergens.
- Identify proper food preparation for guests with food allergies and cleaning and personal hygiene considerations to prevent contamination of food with allergens.