TAP Series provides this ANSI-accredited online Food Handler Training course which is approved for use in the State of New Mexico. It is easy to earn your food handler card.
What you need to do to earn your Food Handler Card:
- Complete the lessons
- Pass the exam with a score of 70% or greater
- Print your food handler card
New Mexico Food Handler Law
This course uses state-of-the-art programming and can be used on all computers, tablets and smartphones, without the need for any other downloads. Do not buy the Food Handler Training if you hold a valid Food Protection Manager Certification pursuant to current food safety law. Upon successful completion of your course and test, you will print your Food Handler Card.
- There is no limit to how many times an employee may take the training.
- Training is not transferable between individuals or employers.
- Proof that a food handler has been trained must be available upon reasonable request by a State or local health department inspector and may be in an electronic format.
The Food Handler Training covers and assesses:
- The relationship between time and temperature with respect to foodborne illness, including the relationship between time and temperature and micro-organisms during the various food handling preparation and serving states, and the type, calibration, and use of thermometers in monitoring food temperatures.
- The relationship between personal hygiene and food safety, including the association of hand contact, personal habits and behaviors, and the food handler's health to foodborne illness, and the recognition of how policies, procedures, and management contribute to improved food safety practices.
- Methods of preventing food contamination in all stages of food handling, including terms associated with contamination and potential hazards prior to, during, and after delivery.
- Procedures for cleaning and sanitizing equipment and utensils.
- Problems and potential solutions associated with temperature control, preventing cross-contamination, housekeeping, and maintenance.
Frequently Asked Questions Food Handler Training in New Mexico
Food Handler Training Learning Outcomes.
Food Handler Training Policies and Procedures.